The Lotus Festival is held when the lotuses bloom at Izunuma-Uchinuma, Tohoku’s largest low-land lakes, during the approximately one-month period in summer from late July to the end of August. You can ride a small pleasure boat to see an up-close view of the lotus flowers blooming in profusion on the lake surface.
Because lotuses have the trait of blooming in the early morning and closing at midday, it’s best to ride a pleasure boat in the morning to see the flowers in full bloom! The boat rides are about 25 minutes, but the boat ride routes taken may change depending on the lake conditions.
- 宮城県栗原市伊豆沼：若柳会場（宮城県伊豆沼・内沼サンクチュアリセンター付近）若柳字上畑岡敷味17-2付近 内沼：築館会場（栗原市サンクチュアリセンターつきだて館付近）築館字横須賀養田20-1付近
- Adults (junior high school students and older): 700 yen, children: 400 yen
- Opening Times
- [Hours of Operation] 8:00-16:00
- ● About 10 minutes from the Tsukidate Interchange on the Tohoku Expressway and about 15 minutes from Wakayanagi-Kannari IC on the Tohoku Expressway
● About 10 minutes taxi ride from Kurikoma-Kogen Station on the JR Tohoku Shinkansen
● About a 5-minute walk from Nitta Station on the JR Tohoku Shinkansen
- Car Park
- Izunuma: Wakayanagi venue (near the Miyagi Prefecture Izunuma-Uchinuma Sanctuary Center)
Uchinuma: Tsukidate venue (near the Kurihara City Sanctuary Center Tsukidate Museum)
- Rural Tourism Section, Commerce and Tourism Department, Kurihara City
- Telephone Number