Boasting the world's largest number of jellyfish exhibits (over 60 types), the "Jellynarium" exhibition space provides a fascinating atmosphere in which various jellyfish drift about.
A lot of fun can be had as well, such as "fin-footed time," which explains the characteristics and differences of jellyfish bodies, and bird feeding. For a limited time, you can also visit the backyard, which is not usually open to the public.
The restaurant "Oki Umizuki" serves local seafood from Shonai Beach, including very popular jellyfish dishes.
- General Admission: 1,000 yen, Elementary and Middle School Student: 500 yen, Infant: Free
*Group discount available (10 people or more)
- Opening Times
- Open all year round
9:00 to 17:00 (last admission 16:30) Time required: approx. 1 hour
- From JR Tsuruoka Station, take the route bus bound for Yunohama Onsen (approx. 35 minutes) and get off at the Kamo Aquarium Bus Stop. Approx. 15 minutes from Tsuruoka Interchange (Yamagata Expressway)
- Car Park
- Parking lot available, parking for 4 to 5 large buses (when full, the second parking lot is available)
- Official Website
- Kamo Aquarium
- ・For a standard group visit, advanced reservations are recommended. For individual visitors, no advanced reservation is required.
・During busy periods (e.g., Golden Week, Obon, long holidays, etc.), the museum plans to restrict access by distributing numbered tickets. During these periods, the museum will temporarily not be accepting group reservations.
- Tsuruoka City Kamo Aquarium Youhei Watanabe
- Telephone Number
- Fax Number
- E-mail address