Sendai Castle was built by Lord Date Masamune in 1601.
The museum of materials and exhibits are well received by visitors, as are the history museum and the CG video reconstruction of Sendai Castle.
The food court offers a variety of Sendai and Miyagi specialties.
*Please check the official website for the latest information.
- Admission to Aoba Castle Museum
Adult 700 yen, Middle/High School Student 500 yen, Elementary School Students 300 yen
Discount for groups of 20 or more people
- Opening Times
- Open all year round
- About 10 minutes by car from Sendai Station
About 15 minutes from Sendai Miyagi Interchange (Tohoku Expressway)
Take the Loople Sendai bus at the Sendai Station West Exit Bus Pool No. 16, get off at the Sendaijoseki bus stop, and walk for 2 minutes
- Car Park
- [Standard cars] 150 spaces/500 yen per hour, 200 yen per 30 minutes thereafter (free of charge after 18:00)
[Large buses] 30 spaces/2,000 yen for 2 hours, thereafter 1,000 yen per hour
[Motorcycles] 200 yen (1 day)
- Official Website
- Aoba Castle Honmaru Kaikan
- Aoba Castle Honmaru Kaikan & Aoba Castle Museum
- Telephone Number
- Fax Number
- E-mail address