Otokoyama Honten was founded in 1912 in Kesennuma, Miyagi Prefecture, one of Japan's leading port cities.
Since then, they have continued their history of sake brewing for more than 100 years in this place blessed with nature and abundant ingredients. They will continue to produce sake reminiscent of the scenery of this town, where the ocean and sky have a beautiful blue hue.
The third floor of the Sakanamachi Shop (retail section) is a tour space where display panels show how the store looked at the time of the earthquake and after the reconstruction.
The first floor contains both a store and a tasting area where you can enjoy seasonal sake on the tasting menu.
- Miyagi PrefectureKesennuma-shi3-8 Irisawa
- Brewery tour (1,000 yen, tax included, souvenir included) *Reservation required, closed on Sundays, (May-August: closed on Sundays and holidays; September-April: please inquire)
- Opening Times
- Head Office: 8:30-17:00 / Sakanamachi Shop (Retail Section): 10:00-17:00
- Head Office: Sundays and holidays / Sakanamachi Shop (Retail Section): Closed on Tuesdays
- By car:
◆Ichinoseki Interchange (Tohoku Expressway)→Take National Route 284 toward Kesennuma for approximately 70 minutes
◆Get off the Kesennuma Interchange (Sanriku Expressway)→10 minutes on National Route 45 toward Kesennuma
By public transportation:
◆JR Ichinoseki Station (Ofunato Line)→Kesennuma Station→10 minutes by taxi
◆Direct Kesennuma buses are also available from Sendai Station and Ichinoseki Station
- Car Park
- 5 spaces
- Official Website
- Kesennuma Otokoyama Honten
- Sakanamachi Shop (Retail Section) / Address: 2-2-12 Sakanamachi, Kesennuma-shi, Miyagi Prefecture
- Otokoyama Honten Co., Ltd.