This is a zoological park in Sendai that is located on Mt. Yagi overlooking the streets of the city. It is easy to access because it is directly connected to Yagiyama Zoological Park Station on the Sendai Subway Tozai Line.
More than 550 animals in approximately 130 species are raised here. One of the attractions is the behavior exhibits that reproduce an environment close to that in the wild. Take a walk through the African Garden where you will encounter African elephants, reticulated giraffes and other animals; it is just like being in an African savanna. The reptile house is home to crocodiles, snakes and turtles. In addition, you can observe lions, Sumatran tigers and polar bears through glass in the beast of prey house. This is very impressive.
Furthermore, various experience events are held every day. These allow you to experience animals up-close by interacting with them and feeding them. There are also limited-time events such as experiences of giving ice in the hot summer and the night museum when the park opens at night. Why don't you observe up-close animals that you normally can't see to understand how they behave?
- Adults: 480 yen (Groups: 380 yen)
Elementary and junior high school students: 120 yen (Groups: 90 yen)
Annual pass: 1,200 yen (One year from the day of purchase)
- Opening Times
- March 1 to October 31: 9 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. (Last admission: 4 p.m.)
November 1 to the last day of February: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Last admission: 3 p.m.)
- Mondays (The next day if that Monday is a public holiday)
New Year's holiday period
- ● Approx. 20 minutes from Sendai Minami IC on the Tohoku Expressway
● Approx. 15 minutes from Sendai Miyagi IC on the Tohoku Expressway
● Immediately after getting off at Yagiyama Zoological Park Station on the Sendai Subway Tozai Line
- Car Park
- Official Website
- Telephone Number