The Omagari Hanabi fireworks festival boasts the top tradition and advanced techniques in Japan. It is one of Japan’s top three fireworks festivals, and is a competition in which top fireworks makers selected from around the country vie for the position of best in Japan. The judging places importance on design, colours, and creativity, and it is an influential competition with prizes awarded by the Prime Minister and Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry.
The famous festival-provided fireworks are also splendid. The venue grows excited as new, creative fireworks, such as the magnificent Wide Star Mine, appear in time to music.
The light of the fireworks covers the entire sky and the music is intense. Why don’t you come to see top-level sparkling fireworks this summer?
- Opening Times
- Daytime fireworks from 17:15, nighttime fireworks from 18:50
- ●About a 30 minute walk from JR Omagari Station
●About a 10 minute walk from the Omagari Interchange on the Akita Expressway
- Car Park
- Every 4th Saturday of August
- Omagari, Daisen City, Akita Prefecture (Banks of Omono River)
- Omagari Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Telephone Number