Passenger Terminal. It is the departure and arrival point for steamships that travel between Shiogama and the Urato Islands, remote islands off of Shiogama, and it is also where sightseeing boats go to and from Matsushima, one of Japan's three most scenic spots, making it the gateway to sightseeing in Matsushima.
The nearest station is Hon-Shiogama Station on the JR Senseki Line. It is a 10-minute walk along the deck from the station to Marine Gate Shiogama, and you can enjoy the sea breeze. The elevated walkway Marine Deck Shiogama connects from in front of Aeon Town, a shopping center adjacent to the station.
The first floor of the building has souvenir stores selling freshly baked sasa-kamaboko (bamboo-shaped fish cake) and other local specialties. The second floor is home to sushi, Italian, Chinese, local cuisine, and other restaurants, while the rooftop has an observation deck. There is plenty to do while waiting for your ship to depart.
This area also attracts a large number of spectators during the Shiogama Minato Festival, one of the three major boat festivals in Japan.
- Opening Times
- Varies by store (Shopping zone: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Varies by store
- ● Approx. 10 minutes from Rifunaka IC on the Sanriku Expressway
● Approx. 15 minutes from Sendaiko-kita IC on the Sendai-Tobu Road
● Approx. 10 minutes on foot from Hon-Shiogama Station on the JR Senseki Line
● Approx. 8 minutes by taxi from Shiogama Station on the JR Tohoku Main Line
- Car Park
- 150 spaces
- Shiogama-Ko Kaihatsu Co., Ltd.
- Telephone Number