After you are invited into the urushi studio (urushi is a traditional Japanese lacquer coating or adhesive made from tree sap), learn about the history, tradition, and techniques of the craft from a resident artisan, who will guide you as you create your own beautiful, urushi lacquered bamboo straw. You will be able to take this straw home with you and contribute to solving an environmental sustainability problem each time you use it in place of a disposable straw. This traditional crafts tour includes lunch (vegetarian options available).
Japanese, English, and Chinese-speaking guides are available. Please ask about other languages.
- 宮城県仙台市青葉区国分町3丁目11-5 日宝勾当台西ビル7階
- 9,800 Yen（Same Fee for Children/Elementary school students）
- Opening Times
- 9:00am - 9:00pm
- Open all year (except for Year-end and New Year Holidays)
- More than 2 hours
- COVID-19 Prevention Measures: Limiting or guiding visitors, providing hand sanitizing equipment, wearing masks, ventilating indoor spaces, performing temperature checks, disinfecting used areas, etc.
- Telephone Number
- 022-302-7430（Main No.） Contact: Goto or Jessica