The idea for Kawahara no Yukko was born in an effort to revitalize the town by local residents.
The word "yukko" means "hot spring" in the local dialect. On the riverbed of the Yakunai River are areas where hot spring water gushes out. Here, people can freely dig the riverbed with a shovel to create their own footbath.
Once you have completed your footbath, you can order food from a nearby restaurant and enjoy a meal while soaking in your footbath.
A thematic journey in the Tohoku region:Hot springs
- Free Admission
- Opening Times
- Until sunset May to November (depending on snowfall and snowmelt conditions)
- Open all year round
- Akinomiya Yunotai, Yuzawa, Akita Prefecture
(Approximately 25 minutes by car from the Ogachikomachi Interchange on the Yuzawa-Yokote Road)
- Car Park
- 5 free parking spaces available
- ・The temperature is adjusted by adding water from the river.
- Akinomiya Onsen Union Office (Inside Takanoyu Onsen)
- Telephone Number