One of the best factory tour facilities for cutlery manufacturers in Japan. Visitors can take a close-up look at the manufacturing process of "kitchen knives. Visitors can walk through the factory, which is not partitioned off by glass walls, and experience the sounds and heat of the craftsmen in the same space as they are working, and experience the "skills" of the craftsmen in action. Visitors can also actually hold and purchase knives at the adjacent store, "Knife Gallery.
*Up-to-date information on hands-on events is posted on the website.
Reservations are required by the day before the tour.
- 9-5 Yoshida Toei-cho, Tsubame City, Niigata Prefecture
- Factory tours and observation tours: Free of charge
Paid experience events are confirmed on a case-by-case basis.
- Opening Times
- 10:00-18:00 (Factory tour is from 10:00-17:00 with break time)
- Sundays and holidays
- By car: 15 minutes from Sanjo-Tsubame IC on Hokuriku Expressway; by public transportation: 10 minutes walk from JR Yoshida Station
- Official Website
- 30 minutes (60 minutes for tours)
- Reservations required by the day before the tour
Tours for more than 8 people are available through Tsubame City Tourist Association (0256-64-7770)
- Telephone Number