3M SENDAI CITY SCIENCE MUSEUM is a spot for science where you have fun learning about nature and science. It is popular because you can play with your children for the whole day without getting bored. The exhibition rooms are divided into those for natural history, science and engineering, life system and outdoor exhibits.
The creatures of Sendai, which extends out from the Pacific Ocean to the Ou Mountains, are exhibited by being divided into islands, tidal flats, plains, rivers and mountains in the exhibition room where you can experience the mechanisms of nature.
There are many exhibits that you can check with your five senses in the science and engineering exhibition room where you can experience the wonders of science. You will find famous scientific technologies invented and discovered in Sendai together with lots of scientific experimental devices here. It is characterized by the fact anyone can participate in it and experience it.
There are life science, hobby and pastime science, environmental science and flight areas in the exhibition room where you can experience science in life. We recommend the Challenge Lab where you can choose your own menu to experiment on by yourself.
There is a rock garden where you can look, touch and investigate the characteristics and differences of each rock while walking between them in the outdoor exhibits.
- Adults: 550 yen (Groups: 430 yen)
High school students: 320 yen (Groups: 260 yen)
Elementary and junior high school students: 210 yen (Groups: 170 yen)
- Opening Times
- 9 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. (Last admission: 4 p.m.)
- ● Mondays (the next day if that Monday is a public holiday or another holiday)
● The day after public holidays and other holidays (Excluding Saturdays, Sundays, holidays and the day following the second Monday in October)
● New Year's holiday period (December 28 to January 4)
● Fourth Thursday of every month (Excluding December and holidays)
- ● Approx. 30 minutes from Sendai Miyagi IC on the Tohoku Expressway
● Approx. 30 minutes from Izumi IC on the Tohoku Expressway
● Approx. 5 minutes on foot after getting off at Asahigaoka Station on the Sendai Subway Nanboku Line
- Car Park
- Official Website
- Visit this website
- Telephone Number