You can visit Zao Jizoson at Jizo Sancho Station to pray for future success or you can trek up to the top of Mt. Kumanodake to see Okama Crater.
When you get tired, pick up a drink at Restaurant Sancho and enjoy a scenic view at Sancho Terrace (Zao Terrace).
At Hyakumannin Terrace, located at Zao Terrace outside Juhyo Kogen Station, spend a relaxing time up in the clouds and take some instaworthy photos.
The temperature is lower than the city, so you can spend time in comfort, even in summer.
A thematic journey in the Tohoku region:Outdoor activities
- Advance ticket: 3,000 yen (round-trip ropeway ticket and 1 drink included)
Day ticket: 3,500 yen (ropeway fare: 3,000 yen, drink: 500 yen)
- Opening Times
- Zao Ropeway: June 1 to September 30
8:30-17:00 (25 minutes to Jizosancho Station
- Operation is suspended during maintenance
- From JR Yamagata Station, take a bus bound for Zao Onsen (40 minutes) and 10 minutes walk from the last stop
30 minutes from Yamagata-Zao Interchange (Yamagata Expressway)
- Car Park
- Standard-sized vehicles: 150 spaces
Large buses: 10 spaces
- Official Website
- Zao Ropeway
- ・Please note that this program may be cancelled due to bad weather
・The last order for soft drink at Restaurant Sancho is at 16:00.
・Please note that the terrace seating is limited.
- Zao Ropeway Zao Sanroku Station Manager: Hiroyuki Horikawa
- Telephone Number
- Fax Number