Founded in 1548, the Yoshinogawa brewery is located in Settaya District, Nagaoka City, Niigata. It is a Taisho-era (1912-1926) building that was once used as a bottling factory, but was renovated and reopened in 2019 as a brewery. The triangular steel frame "truss construction" on the ceiling is one of the building's architectural features and a registered tangible cultural property of Japan. Inside the museum are exhibits on the history of Yoshinogawa and its sake brewing, as well as the SAKE bar where you can try limited-edition sake and craft beer. There is also a store that sells snacks as well as sake. This is a facility where you can enjoy a wide range of things about Yoshinogawa, such as learning about the area, drinking its sake on the premises, and purchasing the sake as souvenirs. There is also a sake brewing experience game that can be played by children using a tablet. In addition, Settaya is surrounded by miso and soy sauce breweries, so you can walk around the town and enjoy the aroma of koji (rice malt).
- Niigata PrefectureNagaoka-shi4-8-12 Settaya
- Free admission
*A fee will be charged for the SAKE bar
Brewery tours are not available, but the museum is open and accessible to everyone.
- Opening Times
* Last order at the SAKE bar is 16:00
* If Tuesday is a national holiday, the following Wednesday
- 15 minutes by car from JR Nagaoka Station. 10-minute walk from JR Miyauchi Station
- Car Park
*Settaya Municipal Parking Lot: 40 spaces
- Official Website
- *To prevent the spread of COVID-19, guests will have their temperature taken at the entrance and disinfect their hands with alcohol. Adequate ventilation will be ensured in all occupied spaces and limit the number of people in the SAKE Bar.
*Correction in the "Notes" column *SAKE Bar...
→Please note that the services in the facility are subject to change depending on the situation.
*If there are more than 10 people in your group, please let us know in advance.