Onikobe Kanketsusen Geysers are two geysers that spout up vigorously. They are called Benten and Unryu.
Benten is a geyser that spouts up hot water to 15 meters in approximately 10-minute intervals. It is thought that groundwater collects in underground cavities and that this is heated by the source of volcano. Some of this then becomes steam and the remaining boiling water is spouted up to the ground by that pressure.
Un'yu is a geyser that spouts up hot water to 4 to 5 meters in 10- to 20-minute intervals. It is believed that underground water flows into a hole vertically and then spouts out due to the heat of the volcano under it.
You can enjoy a footbath while waiting for the geysers to spout out hot water. You can also experience making an onsen tamago (slow-boiled egg) making use of the hot water.
We also recommend taking a leisurely soak in the Spa Onikobe-no Yu day return hot spring facility located about five minutes on foot from the geysers.
- Adults: 500 yen
Elementary and junior high school students: 200 yen
- Opening Times
- Late April to November: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Late March to late April: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wednesdays (Excluding the Golden Week holidays, the mid-August obon holidays and the fall leaves period)
Closed in winter from December to late March
There are other closed days (Necessary to check the details on the website)
- ● 50 minutes from Furukawa IC on the Tohoku Expressway
● 20 minutes by car from Naruko-Onsen Station on the JR Rikuu East Line
● 2 minutes on foot after getting off at Kanketsusen on the Osaki City Bus from Naruko-Onsen Station to Onikobe Onsen
- Car Park
- Official Website
- Visit this website
- Telephone Number