widely revered in Japan as a shrine famous for its protection of the northern gate.
Iwakiyama Shrine is very rare in that you are be able to see the inner shrine directly in front of the first torii gate. Visitors to the shrine can explore the approach to the shrine, with its vermilion-lacquered pavilions set against the green of the old cedars and the clear stream of sacred water that adds to the ambience of these peaceful, tranquil surroundings.
- Opening Times
- 8:00 - 17:00 in summer
8:30 - 16:00 in winter
- 40 minutes by bus from JR Hirosaki Station
- Car Park
- Parking is available in front of the shrine (crowded on festival days)
- Official Website
- Protector of the North Gate Iwakiyama Shrine Official Website
- Protector of the North Gate Iwakiyama Shrine Twitter
- Reviews (TripAdvisor)
- Iwakisan Tourist Association
- Telephone Number